Allied Universal , North America s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, retirement plan, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for most full-time positions!
NOW HIRING Multi – Site Security officers in Champaign, IL
Join the World’s Leading Global Security Company!
Excellent Career Advancement Opportunities!
Paid Orientation, Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k for Full – Time!
Starting Pay: $15.50 / Hour and up ( Site Dependent)
Part – Time / Multi – Site ( Flexible Schedule )
Flexible Schedule Requirements : A Flex officer is available on call to pick up shifts for call off’s and vacations. They must be available to work all days of the week for any shift. No Guarantee a officer will work more than 8 hrs a week. Flexible Officers Schedules vary based on the need of the client.
Flexible Officers will be considered for the next available open Full Time Shift.
Coverage area in Illinois
Champaign IL Multi – Site Officers Must be willing to travel to Danville IL
* Anything over 30 minutes travel to site is Paid travel time and will be paid at post pay rate *
( Paid Travel Time is only offered for Flex officers asked to cover a shift 30 minutes or more away from their home)
As a Security Officer, you will serve and safeguard clients in a range of industries such as Commercial Real Estate, Healthcare, Education, Government and more.
- Provide customer service to our clients by carrying out safety and security procedures, site-specific policies and when appropriate, emergency response activities
- Respond to incidents and critical situations in a calm, problem solving manner
- Conduct regular and random patrols around the business and perimeter. Working environments and conditions may vary by client site.
- Be at least 18 years of age for unarmed roles; 21+ years of age for armed roles
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent, or 5 years of verifiable experience
- As a condition of employment, applicants will be subject to a background investigation in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws. Allied Universal will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws.
- As a condition of employment, applicants will be subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law.
- Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment.
*A valid driver s license will be required for driving positions only
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Heavy Customer Service Background – we are looking for highly motivated people who are dedicated to providing outstanding customer service to our client, our employees, and any guests and visitors.
- Someone who can speak clearly, give direction, and provide guidance to employees and security staff during emergencies
- The ability to efficiently multitask, with excellent organization skills
- Answer and respond to events and situations received over regular and emergency phones, 2- way radios, and intercoms.
- Accurately document routine and unusual events occurring on or near the facilities (accomplished via shift reports, pass-downs logs, incident reports, incident reports logs, or other established methods)
- Make emergency notifications as necessary pursuant to site Post Orders
- Ability to work in and out of all weather conditions
- Ability to assist new officers in learning Post Orders
- Proficient Computer skills – Ability to learn new programs
- Ability to walk, stand, sit for long periods of time
- Ability to walk-up stairs to conduct tours
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency; proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or Google Applications
- Ability to quickly and efficiently analyze high stress situations to determine the proper communication of events & to dispatch the proper teams to determine the best course of action to take.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment while possibly working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize workload based on urgency
- Ability to communicate effectively
- The ability to remain calm in the face of adversary/ elevated stressful situations
- Be organized with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytic and critical thinking skills
- Flexible working schedule to include nights and weekends. In the Security Industry, You may be required to come in early, stay late or work on an off day. This includes nights and weekends.
- Ability to work in a team environment
Perks and Benefits:
- Health insurance and 401k plans for full-time positions
- Flexible part time and full-time schedules that fit with your personal life goals
- Ongoing paid training programs and career growth opportunities
- We offer attractive Pay Options! DailyPay, WeeklyPay
- Employee discounts through our perks program to your favorite restaurants, entertainment venues and much more
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.