Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.(sm)
You ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand data requirements and develop tools and models such as segmentation, dashboards, data visualizations, decision aids and business case analyses to support the organization strategic goals and projects
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders (e.g., business owners, process owners, domain experts) to identify specific business and program requirements
- Gather information needed for defining requirements (e.g., business use cases, user stories)
- Consults stakeholders from various business segments and identifies areas for the development of technical solutions to automate and/or improve business processes. Provides recommendations on new or enhanced systems, software, upgrades and modifications
- Develop business context diagrams (e.g., business data flows, process flows) to analyze/confirm the definition of project requirements
- Produce and manage the delivery of activity and value analytics to key stakeholders, leaders, and care delivery partners
- Use business intelligence, data visualization, query, analytic and statistical software to build solutions, perform analysis and interpret data
- Design and develop reports and insights to measure KPIs, clinical outcomes, network/program performance and gap analyses
- Support short- and long-term affordability/strategic business activities by developing, enhancing and maintaining operational metrics and models
- Periodic affordability trend forecasts, explanation of medical cost results and variances, evaluation of emerging medical cost issues, and development and evaluation of healthcare affordability initiatives
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of applied advanced SQL/SAS programming experience, focusing on healthcare utilization, cost drivers, and trends
- 3+ years of experience utilizing data visualization tools
- 3+ years of experience with large data analytics, data management, extraction and analysis of claims, membership data from data warehouses, data lake/ Snowflake
- 2+ years of experience using Tableau or PowerBI
- 2+ years of data analysis experience in a managed care/health plan setting (Extensive knowledge of eligibility, medical claims, and pharmacy claims)
- Experience making presentations to senior leaders
- Advanced Excel skills including pivots, formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, macros, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, Computer Science, Actuarial Science, Economics, or a related degree
- Master s degree in Business, Finance, Math, Biostatistics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, or a related degree
- Experience with pharmacy claims data, including medical benefits
- Tableau/ Power BI certification
- Experience with rebates and value-based agreements
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Healthcare Operations: EMR, Practice Management System, Clinic Operations and related systems
- Leading and directing clinical affordability projects and tasks
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=649b6c6d332da3ec9bf5f33b5&ri=98b4d36dd27c463f8a803edbfe895ab6&job_loc=Dallas%2CTX&q=Data+Analyst&spl=582f416166444c496d635a4e44427a6a3a6c3068636a412f4e67666f364d657a5435764f6c4b773d3d3a7847502f4d546a61334564726b495269526e6a716d6c73776e747058376b4b73504b4a777254387945474769514e4371473049636a68474f2b33726a435474692b684c376a6f3831454d583737304d4641737937356d2f5454766b535a4f322b2f35314f364a574a465a5851366371664b665634522b457042377274423359426645337237513d3d&encrypt=0&query_category_id=400000→