John Deere & Company
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – California – Torrance
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Senior Digital Design Engineer, ASIC – 89388
As a Senior Staff Engineer, ASIC Design for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG) located in Torrance, CA, you will .
- Specify, design, develop, test, and document and/or ASIC (Application Specification Integrated Circuit) solutions for GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems) and communication signal processing, and other miscellaneous logical functions for company products and/or R&D
- Specify, design, develop, test, and document electronic circuit board assemblies for company products and/or technology research, such as technology proof of concept, test fixtures, specialized test equipment
- Support field and lab test assignments
Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
Salary Range: $152,880-$229,308
What Skills You Need
- 10+ years of design experience relating to logic design of large-scale systems using Verilog Hardware Description Language (HDL) for FPGA/ASIC synthesis and simulation.
- Previous use of design tools such as Mentor Graphics ModelSim / Questa, Xilinx Vivado FPGA tools.
- Familiarity with electronics laboratory tools used for testing digital radios, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and multimeters.
- 5+ years work experience designing digital circuitry, including high-speed logic (100 MHz to 750 MHz) signaling.
- 5+ years work experience designing/debugging GNSS, SATCOM, modems, transceivers, and other digital communication systems.
- Solid understanding of digital signal processing fundamentals and implementation techniques
- Experience with Arm microprocessor-based systems.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Exposure to mixed signal system design and interfacing with high-rate digitizers
- MATLAB or similar calculation tool
- PSpice or similar electronic simulation tool
- Schematic tool such as Siemens Xpedition VX, Mentor Graphics Design Capture, or similar
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar from an ABET accredited institution
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extend authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried and Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=65fff53aae5da3ec845286715&ri=98b55defce314877b6688d053b893dd8&job_loc=Torrance%2CCA&q&spl=394c504c7450693073674e54755a69783a555836723238762b6b547a766871544e583949764b513d3d3a2b5474516272704d6632624e633456514435766b742f712b725177497775544f754f57704a594b2b465445534a6875505634554b4f53725570346d7979526e4957512b686555706d762f3936634c4e326b56376c4d2b4a6668766944366175392f35393967486b68523276426d504f4a5458395644334548394259464273394c415071775075466174794c6367374d706c73593d&encrypt=0&l=United+States→