Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa Government Solutions (VGS)
We are building a brand new business for Visa! We are part of Visa s new payments flow group and we are creating a new global team to launch Visa Government Solutions.
We are looking to partner with governments around the world as they drive ambitious plans in a variety of areas which affect our life. Think of a range of solutions be it Disbursements, SME Digitization, Government payments, Citizens paying governments, urban mobility, Tourism Insights or CBDCs. We are looking to develop propositions for governments around the world as they launch massive digitization programs to make economies more digital.
Team will grow as the strategy is implemented.
This role is an influencing leadership position that will require the successful individual to build the time and drive VGS sales across LAC
- Business Development resources throughout key countries in LAC Region.
- Geography Leads and Country Managers across the region
- Product/VAS, VBS and Visa Director regional heads
- Global Head of VGS Product and Solutions
- Global Head of VGS Sales Enablement and operations, VGS head of Strategy
- Responsible for the growth, profitability, performance and operation of the payments business for one of our newest client verticals
- Manage the vision and strategy on Visa products and provide the leadership and focus to drive results, develop strategic relationships with the senior most management and all decision makers
- Create and implement innovative solutions that drive the client s strategic priorities
- Expand and complement the considerable business skills of the team with experience in sales, product development, project management, business development, marketing and operations
- Manage and maximize the return on all resources applied to the client including sales, product, marketing, technology and operations resources
- Demonstrate leadership in setting payments strategy for the client in association with internal Visa Inc. stakeholders and the client executive team
- Key to the success of this role will be his/her ability to engage with marketing and product development in launching new products/services or expanding penetration of existing products/services into the client. He/she must take hands on leadership in this area and ensure the company’s products/services are solutions that bring value to and are embraced by
- the client. Ideally, this position will bring vision and foresight that translate into product/service definition, in advance of the client’s recognition of need
- Define opportunities for share vision and digital partnerships in order to deliver enhanced customer experiences to the client
- Establish and manage an excellent account team (both direct and matrix) and organize it as a cohesive entity to pursue a range of business opportunities over the short and long term
- Responsibility for engaging senior Visa management with a broad group of relevant client stakeholders in strategic and business development conversations
- Analyze and carefully monitor on an ongoing basis market trends, activities and competitor actions to enable the account team to develop and implement pre-emptive strategies and plans for the client
Key Selection Criteria
Consultative Selling – Win New Business Opportunitie
- Identify, pursue and close new business opportunities that drive incremental revenue in Visa Government client segment.
- Excellence at understanding client needs and pain points in order to be a trusted partner and act as an ambassador for the client internally and Visa externally
Financial Acumen – Shape Financial Result
- Apply financial analyses to evaluate business opportunities and make strategic choices
- Ensure that budget, profitability and earnings targets are based on valid assumptions and appropriate business models
- Experience in client P&L management is a plus
Results Orientation – Drive Organizational Succe
- Get results that have a clear, positive direct impact on business performance
- Enthusiastically support the organization and influence others to commit to its mission and vision
Influencing & Relationship Management – Collaboration & Enablement
- Building deep and trusted relationships externally and internally, in order to drive excellence in signature client account
- Leads with humility and an understanding of how to bring people together, in order to collaborate across organizations and functions
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
- Extensive business experience with sales, consultative sales and management experience in the payments industry or selling into Government or public sector.
- Proven ability to create strategic solutions (product/business development, marketing, and/or technology solutions) and implement them to drive top line results
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives and operational decisions across matrixed organizations
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive projects with clients and sales processes
- Strong knowledge of payment products, banking industry, and payments industry trends
- Strong track record of success in managing, leading and motivating high performing/ quality teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with all levels including executive management
- Tremendous written and verbal communications skills proven in the senior-level corporate environment with a focus on intellectual rigour
- Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships
- Ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships
- Financially literate with an excellent understanding of risk management and strong analytical / decision-making skills. Consistent record of having met challenging financial and business targets.
- Strong leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, globally matrixed environment with the propensity to navigate complex structures and empower decision-making locally
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to play a leading role with C-level clients that enables building deep and trusted client relationships
- Successful negotiation track record to manage complexity and align interest from clients and internal stakeholders. Proven success managing large client relationships and overseeing complex execution
- Fiercely collaborative and able to effectively partner with executives at Visa and from Visa s clients to leverage the company s products and services that in turn, enhances Visa s client relationships
- Proven ability to drive innovation and lead change in successful top tier companies
- Track record of excellence in execution and commitments with results
- Superior ability to influence people and work across boundaries to execute highly complex deals with multiple interests involved
- An appreciation and resonance around political, governmental and regulatory environments in the LAC region would be desirable
- Understanding and experience of Agile collaboration concepts and project management capabilities a plus
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 154,500.00 to 212,500.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.