Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa’s Payment Fraud Disruption (PFD) organization is seeking a lead the for the Global Payment Systems Intelligence (PSI) team. This team is responsible for leading the intelligence-led approach to combating and disrupting fraud in the payments ecosystem. This team consists of a wide range of core functions that support each of the global regions, Visa clients, merchants, and other partners.
- Act as resident Subject Matter Expert on fraud types, trends and emerging threats facing Visa and the payment industry and pursue related mitigation opportunities
- Lead all aspects of the development and evolution of our fraud identification and mitigation technology platform, consisting of both internal and external-facing applications that secure Visa s ecosystem and its clients
- Identify and integrate multiple capabilities (see above) in supporting Visa Payment Fraud Disruption leadership in carrying out the intelligence-led approach to fraud disruption
- Partner with Visa Cyber Security, Government Engagement, Risk Product, Regional Risk Teams, Account Executives, and Sales teams to communicate Visa s mission through industry leading, valuable Risk Intelligence capabilities
- Enable the delivery of fraud disruption capabilities at scale to Visa s clients through Risk-as-a-Service initiative
- Obtain regular feedback from key internal partners, particularly from Country Risk Managers, to identify common issues across markets and new opportunities to support clients and differentiate Visa from competitors
- Advance Visa’s position as a payment card industry thought leader by contributing to and promoting collaborative partnerships with key collaborators and through distribution of actionable intelligence
- Support government (U.S. and international) engagement by driving intelligence case development on fraud operations
- Partner with other key internal team members on projects aimed at reducing global and local market fraud, chargebacks and data security risks
- Execute necessary Visa Operating Regulation, policy and procedural enhancements to respond to changing client and market environmental risk and fraud conditions
- Regularly brief Visa staff and executives, external customers, government entities, and financial and security organizations on the state of the payment systems security, and emerging threats
- Represent Visa in US and international intelligence and security-forums
- Provide regular reporting to key internal groups across Visa s enterprise
- Develop and tell Visa’s payment system security story at industry events and conferences
- Represent Risk on internal Visa corporate initiatives aimed at maximizing business growth while minimizing associated risks
- Build, mentor and guide a talented team of risk professionals!
This position is based in the primary location of Austin, TX, but the team is open to other US locations as well for the candidate that posesses the right qualfications as described below.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD); PhD with 9+ years of experience
- 10 years minimum as a payment risk and/or cyber-security / information security
- Superior knowledge of payment risk and cyber-security practices with direct experience in developing and implementing policies and risk frameworks
- Advanced knowledge of information security standards and best practices (e.g. PCI, EMV, NIST)
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise
- Proven track record of leading teams to achieve and exceed established goals and objectives
- Ability to keep pace with demands of business by anticipating problems, proffering appropriate solutions and providing the leadership to effectively implement change
- A clear record of critical thinking, sound judgment and superior problem solving.
- Strong execution skills, generate out-of-the-box solutions, manage ambiguity and anticipate the impact of decisions/initiatives
- Self-driven with strong leadership skills, with demonstrated excellence in leading diverse teams in a global environment.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 173,500.00 to 238,500.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.