Fresenius Medical Care
The Strategic Channel and GPO Manager will be responsible for indirect management of Fresenius/NxStage s largest distributors, which includes analyzing and reporting distributor inventories, forecasting distributor and end user product requirements, manage the front-end rebate contracting process, and managing the sales analysis & customer support function. The manager is responsible for leading and developing business analytics for the GPO (group purchasing organization) that identifies opportunities and issues as well as report out on financial and operational performance
- Act as a logistics facilitator to ensure all elements of the distribution process are coordinated in such a way that customer requirements and time constraints are met.
- Maintains distributor relations by meeting with distributor partners on a regular cadence while working through key reports and contract negotiations.
- Update and publish a monthly production needs report.
- Update and analyze distributor sales and make recommendations on future orders.
- Write, document, and maintain procedures and work instructions that meet GMP requirements.
- Project Management.
- Develop a team environment with a customer focus.
- Maintain GPO s and IDNs current CRM system (within SalesForce).
- Manage the planning, customer support, and literature fulfillment functions. Train and coach as required.
- Facilitate and manage RFP s for GPO, IDN s and complex key accounts as they are brought to you by the Sales Organization.
- Laisse with customer service, sales, and logistics to manage product allocation process, approve expedited orders, and approve off-contract product requests.
- Support the sales demo process by coordinating shipments, providing spare parts to the field as needed, and maintains list of equipment of all demo machines.
- Work cross-functionally with the Commercial, Finance, Sales, and Legal teams on contract development, administration, compliance and reporting.
- Responsible for leading RFI, RFP and bid submissions, to include the coordination and organization of information needed from multiple stakeholders.
- Prepare and distribute ad hoc sales and management reports.
- Identify and implement new processes to improve overall team efficiency and productivity
- Facilitate and support cross-functional process improvements.
- Facilitate and support the implementation of process improvements in Commercial Operations.
- Miscellaneous tasks and projects as required.
- Provide management and GPO stakeholders (Sales, GPO Operations and Marketing) with monthly/quarterly reports that summarize operational and financial performance. Communicate and track business risks & opportunities related to both members and contracts. Own distributor customer relationship and ensure contract adherence relating to pricing implementation and Admin Fee/Rebate processing.
- Be the subject matter expert and business process owner around GPO membership, IDN membership, and tiered pricing eligibility.
- Provide analysis of customer information to include sales as needed by our internal customers to evaluate LOC requests from external customers.
- Support contract audit request with documentation and pricing eligibility data to support the GPO.
- Maintain GPO membership rosters and implement a structured process for internally auditing all major GPO rosters and IDN rosters against Fresenius s coding and routinely validate and update on a pre-determined schedule.
- Continuously review internal processes and technology to identify improvement opportunities and develop implementable strategies targeted to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Support the corporate planning process by working with Sales and Manufacturer Relations to develop projections for new business (new members and new contracts) as well as existing business. Monitor results to gain an understanding of missed projections in order to improve the projection model. As requested, assist Sales with proposals for new GPO members.
Education & Qualifications:
- BS/BA degree or related work experience
- MBA a plus
- 5+ years experience in a customer service organization.
- A minimum of 5+ years of professional experience in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access & MS PowerPoint).
- Must be an effective change agent driven to inspire and implement change.
- Process oriented individual who can work cross-functionally
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Data managers. People who enjoy compiling, organizing, and consolidating large volumes of data and reports.
- Travel approximately 10%