UC San Diego Health
Department of Pediatrics is one of the largest departments within the UCSD School of Medicine with comprehensive clinical programs, extensive basic science and clinical research, and diverse educational opportunities for students, residents and fellows. The internationally renowned faculty play a major role in medical and graduate student training, providing educational and programmatic offerings that span several disciplines, and provide diversity to meet the interests of a broad spectrum of students and scholars. More than one hundred trainees at the graduate student and postdoctoral level, as well as more than 300 professional, research and administrative staff who along with the department administrators interact closely with the faculty. The diverse mix of ages, backgrounds, and talents creates a robust work environment with challenging career opportunities and a commitment to continued growth potential. We constantly seek to recruit highly motivated, technologically-advanced and interested individuals to become a part of our dynamic cutting-edge research, clinical, and educational environment.
Serve as an independent, professional expert in the area of personnel administration with a specialization in research faculty, academic and staff affairs (such as but not limited to: employment matters for research staff, postdoctoral scholar administration, visa administration, student employment, visitor and volunteer appointments) for all divisions within the Department of Pediatrics. Provide leadership, planning, development, and comprehensive management of research faculty, academic & staff personnel administration including training for faculty, PIs, and division contacts. This position will represent the Department and serve as primary liaison in these areas for internal and external units such as the Academic Resource Center (ARC), Health Human Resources (HHR), Medical Staff Administration, International Faculty & Scholar Office, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, GEPA, Rady Children’s Hospital, and the Medical Practice Foundation. Responsible for contributing to policy and procedure development as well as customer service standards. The incumbent will provide support to department officials in developing recommendations that lead to major changes in the Department related to research faculty, academic & staff personnel administration, as well as general Department academic affairs policies, procedures and practices. Will also conduct complex analysis of assigned areas.
This position will design, develop, and manage Department policies and processes related to research faculty, academics, and staff for pediatric specialties and research areas. This position will also work closely with senior leadership on new initiatives, policies, and processes in these areas.
Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of analytical practices, policies and procedures; researches, analyzes and develops solutions to a wide range of issues. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Primarily deals with policies, programs and proposals which are complex in nature and diverse in scope. Develops new programs, policies or procedures in the area of personnel administration as a member of the department business office in the Department of Pediatrics.
- Seven (7) years of related experience, education/training, OR a Bachelors degree in related area plus three (3) years of related experience/training.
- Knowledge of common organization- or research-specific and other computer application programs. Demonstrated computer experience to include MSWord, Excel, Access, Outlook, all in a Windows environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Superior interpersonal skills to be effective in communicating and interacting with all levels of the organization (i.e., university and department), including academics, managers, staff and students; the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; and the skill to establish rapport and gain the trust of others.
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills. Experience with solving complex administrative and academic issues while making recommendations for improvement.
- Strong skills in analyzing, researching and synthesizing large amounts of data for preparing sound and relevant proposals/analyses.
- Strong policy analysis techniques. Demonstrated ability to independently analyze internal and external systems in order to recommend, support, and implement new and improved processes.
- Proficiency in facilitating the new appointment process for faculty, researchers, post-doctoral and visiting scholars including the ability to train staff on the academic process.
- Proven experience with academic personnel and academic affirmative action policies and procedures with central offices.
- Demonstrated skill and ability to compose correspondence and department policies, procedure summaries, reports and training materials.
- Ability to independently interpret and analyze, propose solutions and apply them to non-recurring or precedent-setting situations.
- Master’s degree in a related area preferred.
- Knowledge of UC policies and procedures related to academic personnel.
- Knowledge of School of Medicine faculty salary scales and compensation plan.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=648ee2fcc4cda3ec9aad1a245&ri=98b6391506e545ecb5fa3c4f20372202&job_loc=Dallas%2CTX&q=Spectrum&spl=765a6a33447631776f4c384b4b4e5a703a5952336e55376d2f784b4c4746443164312f5a7433773d3d3a745a586a4e3875645a436736582b71444962627746526a303547626b47386961414d333162503642684d73535144725a3630763744646154475451727375452b5146754e772f532f5950537a48594f3278316f5248704d385a2f7255586252474643437130456149572f45416e6737574564616b334556764b3062685341414d49745a4b36375868314b556c4468585152673d3d&encrypt=0&l=united+states→