Taylor Shellfish Farms
Taylor Shellfish Farms is one of the largest producers of farmed shellfish in North America. The company is quickly growing in sustainable shellfish farming with new techniques and innovative growing methods. Visit our website at www.taylorshellfishfarms.com to learn more about our company.
Taylor Shellfish Farms is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, material status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with federal, state and local ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Entry level shellfish FLUPSY screener. The position will support the raising of clam and oyster seed in our FLUPSY at our Nursery operation in Samoa, CA. No experience in aquaculture is required. Full time and seasonal positions available. Position may require working weekends. Must be comfortable lifting heavy amounts on uneven ground. Appropriate protective clothing required for all weather conditions. Starting pay to be discussed. Taylor Mariculture is a drug free workplace.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently, at times with little direction
- Must possess a strong work ethic and reliable transportation
- Strong and sound decision making skills
- Must maintain positive company morale
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
- Counting and some math calculations required
- Good note keeping skills preferred
- May be required to work at other work sites/locations as needed.
- May be required to do other tasks as needed.
- Ability to stand and/or walk on uneven ground
- The employee may be required to stoop, bend, kneel, twist, and squat
- The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to speak and hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, supervisors and managers
- Must be able to use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Raingear, boots and gloves will be required for some weather conditions
- Ability to operate and maintain pressure washer at times
- Must be able to swim
- Must be able to follow crew boss instructions and be accountable to him/her
Here at Taylor Mariculture we offer health insurance for the employee and their family with incredibly low premium costs and annual deductibles. We offer a 401K program with 100% match up to 5% of the employee’s gross income. We also offer paid time off which starts to accrue immediately and gives you a whole week of paid time off in the first year (dependent on hours worked), plus 6 paid holidays a year, amazing company discounts, paid training through the company and a tuition reimbursement program.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=64874f3db4fda3ec93d926005&ri=98b6f67f65164ccc97d6fdda98e57ccb&job_loc=Los+Angeles%2CCA&q=State+Farm&spl=385937594f7a2f33304f56303159386c3a4436757274517a516f5a46373233534e6d51725170773d3d3a3334776e6a446e6b714f78687a57363176614753516a4675336c35524d6b77516159592b642b49484f555a685853396e302f2f4e704e3435743561594d2b4c5334573565686c6b7262644366487766623655476d356e545363706574366d314263674c536e54434a30654c534243545261695469772f71464771444e494a76594a397a4954413d3d&encrypt=0&l=united+states&query_category_id=270000→