At PitchBook, we are always looking forward. We continue to innovate, evolve and invest in ourselves to bring out the best in everyone. We re deeply collaborative and thrive on the excitement, energy and fun that reverberates throughout the company.
Our extensive learning programs and mentorship opportunities help us create a culture of curiosity that pushes us to always find new solutions and better ways of doing things. The combination of a rapidly evolving industry and our high ambitions means there s going to be some ambiguity along the way, but we excel when we challenge ourselves. We re willing to take risks, fail fast and do it all over again in the pursuit of excellence.
If you have a good attitude and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, PitchBook is the place for you.
About the Role:
Field Activation is a function under the broader team of Field Marketing and an integral part of the Revenue Marketing organization. This broader organization at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company s growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to support our Sales and Customer Success departments grow and retain our client base. The Marketing team is responsible for all demand generation efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing strategies and attending client and trade-show events. The Marketing team is also responsible for promoting the PitchBook brand and managing internal communications.
The Field Marketing team provides Sales and Customer Success leaders and reps with the insights, learning materials, content and resources to help them drive growth, retention and expansion. As a function within this team, the Field Activation team partners with the broader Marketing team to take materials, messaging and playbooks and work hand in hand with Sales and Customer Success reps to personalize, prioritize, use and activate full-funnel and convert pipeline. This role is responsible for developing and deploying field initiatives that enable customer-facing teams to execute the core functions of their jobs more effectively, especially as it relates to growth, retention and expansion. Success is measured by full-funnel conversions and pipeline acceleration. This is a hybrid position with the expectation of 3 days a week onsite in our Seattle office.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work hand in hand with Sales and Customer Success reps to understand their pain points, funnel gaps and path to revenue opportunities
- Work with Sales and Customer Success teams to develop, execute, optimize and assess enablement program
- Understand Sales Enablement priorities and content queue, providing feedback from teams on how they are being utilized or not when it comes to field usage
- Determine and prioritize pipeline opportunities with Sales and Customer Success stakeholders
- Communicate a plan of action to help drive lead and demo conversions to stakeholders
- Build a trusted relationship with Sales and Customer Success teams, not being afraid to roll up your sleeves and partner with them on the ground floor to understand our customers, test messaging and playbooks and continually push sales-led touchpoints throughout the funnel
- Manage sales messaging creation, mentoring a team of copywriters to hone in on various messaging tactics to use across various lead and customer types; test and learn to help scale Sales team with copy that works to accelerate conversions
- Define, develop, measure and communicate performance data to understand the business impact of field efforts and incorporate learnings to continuously iterate on the field activation strategy
- Serve as a communication channel for marketing to ensure Sales and Customer Success teams have the right information at the right time, both for their own education and for prospect and client education
- Build and maintain close partnerships with the Marketing team (Campaigns, Demand Gen, Sales Enablement, Customer Insights, Marketing Ops, Content Strategy and more) as well as Product, Sales and Customer Success to develop strategies that support shared goals around customer usage, revenue generation and more
- Utilize data-driven decision making to influence future enablement strategies; continually dive into analytics for learning and optimization opportunities
- Monitor industry trends and stay up to date on new technology and techniques
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of B2B marketing experience, SaaS preferred, in sales enablement, sales support, go-to-market or frontline-team facing roles
- Passion for customers and cross-functional collaboration with direct experience in go-to-market focused roles
- Strong understanding of the sales environment, including sales content, tools and trainings
- Top-notch analytical skills with a proven ability to work through data and multiple attribution models to find opportunities and actionable insights and clearly communicate to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Work well cross functionally, building strong relationships to effectively partner across marketing teams and with leaders from Sales, Customer Success, Product and Operations organizations to obtain shared success
- Strong project manager with the ability to coordinate efforts across multiple teams and priorities
- Constantly show bias toward action; driving results and innovation is your preferred path forward
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence others and to drive clarity and accountability around goals, success criteria, workstreams and timelines for themselves and others
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency and follow-through
- Desire and ability to be a team player who appreciates a unique, entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Resourceful self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and adaptive to change
- Energetic, friendly and self-motivated attitude
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel and the ability to pick up new systems and software easily; knowledge of HighSpot and Salesforce is preferred
Benefits + Compensation at PitchBook:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Additional medical wellness incentives
- STD, LTD, AD&D and life insurance
- Paid sabbatical program after four years
- Paid family and paternity leave
- Annual educational stipend
- Ability to apply for tuition reimbursement
- CFA exam stipend
- Robust training programs on industry and soft skills
- Employee assistance program
- Generous allotment of vacation days, sick days and volunteer days
- Matching gifts program
- Employee resource groups
- Subsidized emergency childcare
- Dependent Care FSA
- Company-wide events
- Employee referral bonus program
- Quarterly team building events
- 401k match
- Shared ownership employee stock program
- Monthly transportation stipend
*Please be aware the above PitchBook benefit and perk offerings are subject to corresponding plan and policy documents and may change during the course of your employment.
- Annual base salary: $118,450-$212,750
- Target annual bonus percentage: 10%
*Starting pay will be based on several factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be different ranges for candidates by location.
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.
Life At PB:
We are consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work and our culture is at the heart of our success. It s our fundamental belief that people do and create great things and that people are the cornerstone of prosperity. We believe that proactively seeking out different points of view, listening to others, learning and reflecting on what we ve heard creates a sense of belonging within PitchBook and strengthens the PitchBook community.
We are excited to get to know you and your background. Concerned that you might not meet every requirement? We encourage you to still apply as you might be the right candidate for the role or other roles at PitchBook.