KARL STORZ Endovision
POSITION SUMMARYThe Payroll Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the Payroll Department. Additionally, the role will work in collaboration with the Senior Payroll Manager in the overall planning, organization, direction, and internal controls. They will coordinate the activities of workers engaged in the payroll function of recording hours of work, processing time records, compiling payroll statistics, maintaining payroll control records, and calculating payrolls. They will support the development and maintenance of payroll policies and processes that will enhance and ensure strong internal controls, prevent fraud, ensure accuracy and compliance for all payments, and innovatively implement improvements throughout processes.
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Payroll Supervisor provides day-to-day leadership and oversight to ensure complete, accurate and efficient payroll processing, including reporting to internal and external systems, while adhering to company policies and procedures and various governmental agency laws and regulations. KEY JOB FACTORS* Level of accountability: Generally independent* Level of decision making: Specialized tasks* Has contact with: Inside and outside the company, and Exec. Staff* Financial/Budgetary: Supervised responsibility on revenues and cost* Supervision: Manages work unit subordinates* Travel: up to 10% Travel during the yearDESIRED QUALIFICATIONS* Bachelor’s Degre e in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field required.
* Eight or more (8+) years of experience of progressive payroll experience in mid to large-sized firms are required.
* Five or more (5+) years of experience with multi-state payroll required.
* Five or more (5+) years of ADP payroll and reporting experience is highly desirable.
* Three plus (3+) years of payroll management (team management of two or more) preferred.
* Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification is preferred and maintains m embership within an appropriate professional organization.
Strong ability to network within the field.
* Solid knowledge of federal (FLSA) and state wage and hour laws, including regular rate of pay, is required.
* Extensive experience with ADP Workforce Now required.
* Experience with Success Factors Employee Central and Kronos Dimensions systems preferred.
* Must possess strong communication, change management, and presentation skills.
* Genuine team player with the ability to work successfully within and lead in a team environment, yet also able to work independently with limited supervision.
* Aptitude to drive system automation to eliminate manual processes.
* Proficient in data entry and time management.
* Exceptional organizational skills.
* Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify areas for improvement and resolve issues that may arise regarding both technical and administrative.
* Strong leadership skills and highly successful at multi-tasking and consistently maintaining prioritization of tasks.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, and Word) is required.
* Must be able to work independently and resolve complex issues.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects while still meeting set tasks and following established policies.
* Experience supporting HR, Compensation, Benefits, and Sales Commissions teams to ensure seamless processing of all types of payments.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES* Plan and direct the activities of the payroll function to ensure timely and accurate payment of staff, in accordance with Company policies and procedures and both state and federal requirements.
* Coordinate with Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Benefits, and Compensation to ensure accurate recording, processing, and reporting of payroll.
* Establish and help maintain a cohesive team, clearly communicate goals and objectives, demonstrate technical leadership and expertise, and establish and maintain processes and procedures for processing payroll (including salary, bonus, allowances, commissions, etc. ).
* Monitor the withholding and payment of employees’ mandated and voluntary deductions.
* Train and evaluate personnel performance; assign and review work.
* Perform the duties of absent team members as necessary to ensure the timely processing of the payroll.
* Develop and coordinate payroll development schedules and provide direction and supervision regarding the input, revision, and deletion of payroll information, and the processing of time reporting.
* Ensure adherence to the department’s internal controls, including quality control audits of key processes. Develops an environment focusing on controls to ensure the integrity of the payroll process via policies and procedures.
* Respond to inquiries concerning retirement, overpayments or underpayments, earnings, ADP, etc.
* Manage interim and annual audits.
Prepare payroll-related materials for external and internal auditors.
* Maintain departmental area(s) in a safe, clean, and orderly condition; assure compliance with established safety procedures and regulations. Other special projects as required.
* Identify and coordinate implementation strategy for incorporating new payroll laws and/or regulations into the payroll process to ensure compliance.
* Ensure timely and accurate payments to employees and ongoing review and analysis of employee payments.
* Ensure that compliance and regulatory requirements are adhered to and up to date.
* Maintain payroll internal controls ensuring procedures, policies, and processing rules are applied to daily activities.
* Responsible for understanding financial and operational issues and potential impacts.
* Provides leadership and guidance for team members by modeling creative and analytical thinking; seeks alternative solutions to address challenges and issues.
* Stay continually informed on the changing Payroll landscape; keep up to date on innovations in technology and processes related to payroll operations.
* Act as liaison among Human Resources, Payroll, Compensation, Benefits, Sales Compensation, and Accounting, troubleshooting issues and resolving problems.
* Provide project management support for initiatives in HR, Finance, Benefits, and Payroll.
* Proactive approach to remain current in Payroll administration, regulations, rules, and best practices.
* Experience with identifying and implementing timekeeping policies for managers and employees to ensure timely and accurate processing of employee timesheets.
* Experience with identifying and implementing efficient payroll processes and developing new audits and controls to streamline a complex payroll.
* Ability to work with a sense of urgency to ensure a comprehensive, accurate, and complete payroll.
* Effectively communicate to employees, managers, and stakeholders on payroll deadlines to prevent disruption to the payroll process.
* World Class level responsiveness to internal and external requests, employee inquiries, and required research.
* Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information, thorough review, and presenting optimal and timely resolution.
* Evaluates and optimizes payroll system processing to ensure best practices are employed while ensuring the integrity of processing and reporting.
Essential Key Competencies* Effective in all forms of communication* Expressive creativity* Innovative approach* Strong sense of customer focus* Eager to execute* Consistent in confidential posture and exercise sound judgment* Compliant and methodical* Technically competent* Must be hungry to learn, own their role, and excel at consistently delivering World Class service experience.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=641e84be8b4da3ec9a459e335&ri=98b5731f207f4fada436154db1c897d5&job_loc=El+Segundo%2CCA&q&spl=6a633577317a356e4e436238576645393a582f353974474c545a365a6e7834443434396e6f4c673d3d3a685a36577a716a6f4a374d44615571484f424f446f585a4356696e4551306572384d334c5878616765735952356962594e55484b733355456364466b5051517864594d79735a4f744f347a5844327234366b4a634379396c70676f6f756869714b424f444470723333473843583768356a566859467a4e464163683133416871666553436d562b535842462b51326866&encrypt=0&l=United+States→