International Leadership of Texas
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator is responsible for sourcing, screening and recommending candidates for positions charter wide. They will identify opportunities to build applicant pools, establish trust and partnerships with the hiring managers and campus principals to ensure a positive recruitment experience. They will develop and execute recruitment plans and strategies to ensure hiring goals are met with the best possible talent. They will work closely with management on all diversity initiatives involving recruitment to ensure fairness in hiring practices. They will be required to attend recruiting trips for the charter, campus visits, and participate in recruiting fairs in and out of state at universities and other organizations. They will verify and monitor certification status of applicants. They will communicate effectively and frequently with applicants, employees, administrators, and outside agencies to ensure all hiring goals are met in a timely manner.
Bachelor’s in business, public, education administration, human resources, or related field required.
Working knowledge of human resources, both compliance issues and best practices
Strong understanding of staffing principles, laws, and procedures and a solid working knowledge of recruitment/employment programs
Demonstrated knowledge of various recruiting techniques, and experience in Online/social media recruiting
A comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of the diverse needs of teachers and staff
Strong organizational, teamwork, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills Demonstrated task-oriented self-starter with the ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy in a fast paced environment
Must possess excellent oral/written communication, marketing, presentation, interviewing and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated proficiency in keyboarding, spreadsheets, databases, data management, and information retrieval
Ability to implement certification rules and procedures
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Creative in brainstorming and proposing new ideas and solutions to existing problems
Willing and able to travel including overnight and/or extended trips
3-5 years of human resources, talent acquisition and recruiting experience required. Skyward Human Resource database experience, preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Consult with leaders, hiring managers and human resources team on position descriptions, requisition creation, compensation and sourcing strategies.
2. Meet with the various team members to have a full-scale understanding of hiring needs and available positions within the Charter.
3. Continuously develop networks/partnerships to actively build database and pipeline of candidates.
4. Verify certification status of teacher applicants and employees with the Texas State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC), universities, colleges, and education agencies in other states.
5. Place and update all job postings in internet/intranet sites, colleges, social networks, community boards, staffing partners, and ATS system (Skyward).
6. Attend recruiting trips for the Charter and participate in job fairs in and out of state at universities and other organizations.
7. Visit campus and other Area Offices around DFW and Houston.
8. Lead district efforts to develop, communicate, and implement successful employee recruitment and retention strategies.
9. Conduct regular follow-up in person at campuses and Area Offices to visit with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
10. Ensure that staffing needs are being met with a long-term strategy in mind.
Records, Reports, and Correspondence
11. Maintain and track personnel file deficiencies and communicate with employees to ensure compliance with state and District requirements.
12. Maintain HR records as required by Texas Education Agency and board policies, and prepare necessary reports.
13. Prepare documentation for state and federal reports.
14. Development and update online communication efforts relating to standard certification requirements and alternative routes to teacher certification.
15. Update principals and HR staff regarding changes to certification standards and current trends.
16. Update vacancies across charter along with updates on recruitment for vacancies.
16. Position may require work responsibilities outside of normal business hours and travel for extended periods.
17. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None