CNH Industrial is a world-class equipment and services company dedicated to advancing the noble work of agriculture and construction workers. Driven by our shared purpose of Breaking New Ground, we are passionate about bringing Innovation, Sustainability, and Productivity to all that we do. As a truly global company, CNH Industrials 37,000+ employees form part of a diverse and inclusive workplace, focused on empowering customers to grow, and build, a better world through our core brands: Case IH, STEYR, New Holland Agriculture, CASE, and New Holland Construction.
The Technical Cost Reduction (TCR) Analyst is a key role within the Purchasing department, reporting to the Supplier Proactiveness and TCR Manager, to support company cost reduction goals and activities. The TCR Engineer will work closely with commodity purchasing, Product Development engineering, and suppliers to build cost models, analyze product costs, identify and execute technical cost reduction activities, such as idea generation workshops, benchmarking etc.
This position is eligible for a hybrid work model and is located in Burr Ridge, IL/Oakbrook, IL.
- Responsible for planning and managing cost reduction projects by generating ideas, conduct feasibility and execute design changes
- Host Idea generation workshops and events
- Support Purchasing, Platforms and Segments with the execution of cost reduction projects
- Develop and use cost modeling tools to analyze components across commodities, support sourcing, negotiation
- Work closely with Purchasing commodity, internal cross functional teams and suppliers to analyze quotes and benchmark costs against should costs
- Savings through Design to Value completive benchmarking
- Savings through Commercial Excellence should costing, buy consolidation, resourcing, new suppliers, market tests, negotiations, best practices, long term agreements and value engineering and value analysis
- Provide technical expertise in decision making in value engineering and value analysis
- Review proposed design changes & determine cost impact
- Challenge existing design concepts, material grade selections and technologies to evaluate products are designed to optimize cost and quality
- Drive savings by redesign of components to improve material cost or to avoid material price increases while improving product quality, function/performance, and reliability
- Drive cultural change in design/sourcing practices and standardization to enable significant product cost savings
Annual base salary range for this position is $88,000 – $139,000 USD. (Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as skill, experience and qualification for the role.)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the manufacturing industry having performed the roles in one or more under Supplier Quality Assurance, design engineering, product engineering, Technical cost reduction engineering or related areas covering commodities falling under Chemical, electrical, Metallic & Mechanical. Experience should include strong analytical skills, aptitude in understanding Technical drawings, Engineering Specifications, design Software, and negotiating with suppliers for cost reductions.
- Minimum 2 years creating and managing technical cost reductions with knowledge in activity-based costing, Raw Material costs, indexation.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Excel, PowerPoint. Systems knowledge with Power BI, SAP, and MPR is preferred.
- Ability to travel 15+% primarily domestic.
CNH Industrial offers a wide variety of benefits that not only encourages wellness and preventive care, but we also provide the right tools and programs to help you achieve it. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Our industry leading 401k will support you in meeting your retirement objectives. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, flexible work policies, opportunities for self-development and paid leave for specific activities. Click here for more information!
US applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster and its supplement here. CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional information here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please contact us at …@cnhind.com.
Read about our companys commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
Canada applicants: CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, place of origin, disability, marital status, family status, age, or any other ground prohibited by applicable provincial human rights legislation.