Berklee College of Music
Job Description:The Video Services Department has primary responsibility for capturing live performances and events happening at the Boston Campus on behalf of Berklee. Video is streamed live and posted publicly. Recordings are provided to event producers to manage distribution of content. Recordings are archived on behalf of Berklee for institutional use also.
Under direction of the Director of Video Services, the Temporary Video Production Assistant works in collaboration with all department staff and student employees to record concerts, recitals, clinics, special projects and other presentations to video, as needed. The Temporary Video Production Assistant helps to supervise student employees toward successful and creative capture of single and multi-camera video production equipment operation and videography best practices. This is a part-time position to be called upon when needed. requires varied availability to support events as they are scheduled, including afternoons, evenings and weekends when needed.
Responsibilities:* Flexibility to work hours to accommodate projects scheduled events on an as needed basis. Actual work hours will be agreed upon in advance to accommodate personalcommitments. (Hours could include weekends and holidays when needed. )* Helps Work Study Employees to function effectively with video equipment, department resources and workflows.
* 2+ years professional experience in video-based digital capture of live productions. Experience should include Camera Operation, Lighting and Sound Capture.
* Strong supervisory skills to oversee video crews in a varied range of live video productions.
* Strong interpersonal skills for interaction with students, parents, faculty, staff and visiting industry professionals.
* Motivated to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced and creative environment.
* General knowledge and functionality in all aspects of Video Production Workflows including basic video editing.
* Best practices for troubleshooting; video systems, projects and signal flowsThis document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at Berklee: We support an inclusive workplace where everyone excels based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Berklee affirms that inequality is detrimental to our faculty, staff, students, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to make lasting change through our actions. Berklee is committed to providing fair and equitable consideration of all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or status as a member of the armed forces or veteran of the armed forces, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As part of this commitment, Berklee will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Team at …@Berklee. edu or call 617-###-####. Berklee is committed to increasing the diversity of our institution, community, and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
*Currently enrolled Berklee students are not permitted to apply for staff or faculty positions. *Employee Type:Temporary (Fixed Term)PDN-99c1fb22-aa68-4295-8dfb-561c3da42507