Illinois Tool Works
ITW Drawform & Sexton is a $200M USD Division within Illinois Tool Works’ Automotive Segment. It has an excellent reputation for delivering top results and exceeding customer expectations within the deep draw and aerosol can industries. Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling over $14 billion annually. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required.
ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. For more information, visit both www. itw. com and www.
itwdrawform. comPosition ObjectiveProduce quality parts through efficient development of transfer press tooling coupled with proper maintenance of tooling, presses and peripheral equipment for an assigned press, cell, or group of presses. Promote positive attitudes and offer logical user-friendly solutions to everyday problems. Essential Functions:* Complete knowledge of Waterbury Farrels, US Bairds and Platarg Presses.
Knowledge of progressive presses a plus.
* Complete tool development, maintenance and management for assigned presses and cells. Strong troubleshooting skills required.
* Set up of presses to produce drawn parts within required tolerances and optimal efficiency* Recognize and correct both typical and unusual press and cell problems.
* Contribute die design concepts for the dual purpose of developing new tooling and upgrading existing tooling.
* Layout and inspect tooling before putting it into a press. Sharpen and polish tools, repair/replace tooling. Die work and use of toolroom equipment (lathes, milled, surface grinders) a must.
* Organize and update tool books as required* Take final responsibility for the quality of parts coming off each assigned press/cell. All parts must stay within print dimensions.
* Train transfer press operators and die setters to comply with all quality standards set forth by Drawform.
* Understand and incorporate use of S.
* Pull tooling when required.
* Know the type and proper mixture of drawing and machine lubricants for each assigned job.
* Remove or replace drawing lubricants on any press when required.
* Train apprentices in concepts applicable to deep drawn metal stamping and cell operation.
* Maintain appropriate spare tooling and die set/job component inventories.
* Perform other duties as required or directed.