Imperial Dade, a leading North American distributor, has a role available! We are looking for a Transporation Analyst to join our team. Join a strong and continuously evolving group, helping to continue to grow our business. If youre eager for your next challenge, Imperial Dade is a great place to take that next step. The Transporation Analyst supports the Director of Logistics. The Analyst enables effective decision-making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into actionable insights and diagnostic tools. This position will support the department in identification, analysis, and reporting on key projects and initiatives. The analyst would be expected to develop and maintain regular reporting, respond to ad hoc reporting requests, and drive improvements to transportation cost efficiencies.
Imperial Dade is the leading independently owned and operated distributor of foodservice packaging and janitorial supplies in North America. As a provider of customized supply chain solutions, we serve customers in many business-to-business market segments including restaurants, grocery stores, healthcare, sports and entertainment, and cruise lines. Founded in 1935 and headquartered in New Jersey, Imperial Dade serves as a mission-critical partner to more than 90,000 customers through our footprint of 125+ branches.
**All correspondence will come directly from Imperial Dade and not a personal email address.**
- Review reports from 3PL partners and identify areas of improvement. Present and discuss with Director of Logistics. Support communication of action items to teams involved.
- Standardize reporting and KPI preparation. Compile, review, own reporting: KPIs & ad hoc
- Participate in cross-functional projects and initiatives to improve overall supply chain efficiency and effectiveness.
- Master of data manipulation code writing a plus, advanced excel skills at a minimum.
- Monitor transportation costs and identify opportunities for cost savings (e.g., optimizing shipping routes, consolidating shipments, etc.).
- Conduct research and analysis to support transportation-related decision-making and contribute to strategic planning initiatives.
- Provide analytical support and project management in the completion of various logistics projects.
- Utilize TMS, BI Tools and ERP system for reporting and monitoring transportation performance.
- Review weekly freight payment and related files for discrepancies and opportunities.
- Assist Logistics Director with carrier RFP preparation, presentation and negotiation.
- Backup Logistics Specialists as needed. Resolve tracking and tracing issues with 3PL and Carrier partners when needed.
- Support freight and supply chain optimization opportunities (e.g., consolidation, mode optimization, network redesign, LEAN opportunities, value stream mapping, etc.) that advance Imperial Dades strategic market position.
- Bachelors Degree in related discipline or 5+ years in transportation pricing or data related field with demonstrated increase in roles and responsibilities.
- Ideal experience includes time related to LTL rating and account costing.
- Knowledge: Strong understanding of the transportation and logistics industry with a deep understanding of principles for each key transportation mode, especially TL and LTL. Master of rating and pricing strategies along with knowledge of national, regional, and niche carriers/ brokers. Strong understanding of freight KPIs.
- Urgency: Ability to prioritize tasks and meet or beat deadlines
- Analytical: Able to think objectively and interpret meaning of quantitative and qualitative data. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, business acumen, and exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Problem Solving: Able to use logic and innovative methods to solve problems and identify effective solutions.
- Computer literacy: Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel. An aptitude to learn other technical applications quickly.
- Collaborative approach: Able to build effective relationships with our Sales team, Buying team, source suppliers, and other business partners.
- Strong organizational skills: Attention to detail, urgency to follow up on open issues and drive toward closure, simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
- Innovative: Willing and able to use a creative or unconventional approach if the task calls for it.
We offer a dynamic environment for our more than 7,100 employees to work, learn, and grow professionally. We value our people and strive to create rewarding career opportunities by offering competitive salaries and benefits, a 401(k) program with company match, life Insurance, a generous paid time off package, educational reimbursement, paid family leave, and adoption assistance. We are excited to invite talented individuals with a passion for excellence to join our team.
Imperial Dade is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history, or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.