Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded media and technology company, founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable Black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of Black millennials & Gen Z through original content, video, unique experiences, and product solutions. Blavity Inc.
has evolved into a market leader for Black media, reaching 250 million users per month through our growing brand portfolio, including Blavity, Blavity360 , Shadow & Act, AfroTech & Talent Infusion, 21Ninety, Travel Noire, and Home & Texture. Our Blavity, Inc. employee community is composed of passionate, energetic, and culturally conscious individuals working together to deliver value to each other, the company, and our clients. We are always searching for new additions to our community that will help us continue to scale, contribute meaningfully to our culture, and advance our strategic direction.
Job Summary:Blavity Inc. seeks a Vice President of Revenue Operations to lead day-to-day sales operations and grow Blavity Media Group’s sales revenue strategy. This leader will oversee the media sales team, lead all aspects of media sales growth, programmatic sales development, sponsorships, and strategic agency partnerships. We are looking for an experienced media executive who will oversee our core business lines, coach sellers and drive the next phase of Blavity’s growth.
Our ideal candidate is an executive with extensive experience in digital media, scaling venture-backed media brands and creating operational excellence across a sales organization and who has the passion, energy, intellect and successful track record of growing digital businesses. This role will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer. Responsibilities:* Achieve overall revenue goals, including allocating resources to achieve the quarterly and annual media sales targets.
* Motivate, inspire and drive success through the Sales Team – leading with clarity and driving success through results.
* Develop sales training sessions for the team on how to position and pitch Blavity Media Group.
* Lead from the front – this is a hands-on role working closing with the sales team, CS, agencies and prospects.
* Develop and execute strategic plans and processes to achieve sales targets and expand agency relationships.
* Oversee and expand key external relationships to drive Blavity’s growth and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
* Partner directly with brands and clients to understand their business needs and objectives.
* Support the C-Suite and other senior leaders in setting business and growth priorities that fulfill Blavity’s mission and ambitions.
* Provide leadership across all parts of the business and manage the teams responsible for day-to-day Media Sales Team operations.
* Identify, advocate, and improve brand values and identities, ensuring they are communicated across a variety of media and sales channels consistently.
* Identify new and emerging media revenue opportunities and business lines working closely with Blavity’s content team and Blavity 360 team to expand product offerings for multicultural publishers. Qualifications:* Education: B. A or Masters Degree* Required Experience:* 10+ years of experience in media business development, brand building, people management and/or revenue growth* 8+ years of experience managing and coaching mid-level employees* Deep experience driving and representing a digital-first or diversified media company* Preferred Experience:* Demonstrated ability to grow revenue while putting audience, story-telling and community first* Demonstrated skill in leading complex sales teams in a fast-paced environment, and in managing senior leaders and executives* Technologies: Fluent in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Salesforce, Asana, and/or comparable project management suite* Additional Qualifications:* Excellent communication skills, able to take complex information and succinctly and effectively communicate both in verbal and written formats* Demonstrated ability to set, manage, and track against a set of diverse, strategic KPIs* Strong analytical mind with demonstrated experience tracking core business metrics and driving decisions based on that data* A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black cultureDetails:* This is a fully remote role, occasional travel may be required.
* Candidates must be available to work 50% in alignment with Central Time Zone.
* Preference for Chicago or NYC candidates.
* The salary range for this role is $150,000 – $185,000. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online at BlavityInc. com/Careers.
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.