Are you “goal-oriented”? Are you a good listener? Does helping people overcome and resolve financial challenges give you a sense of accomplishment? If so, then we have a great customer-service focused opportunity for you with competitive pay, an unlimited monthly bonus potential, and more!
Reporting to our Head of Central Collections and Vehicle Remarketing, our Full-Time Collectors are part of an enthusiastic and motivated team of collections professionals that helps us service and retain customers. Using our customer-service oriented approach, you will be working with our Cash Store customers who are past-due on their short-term consumer loans. This is a great opportunity for a talented person to broaden his/her customer service experience through comprehensive “on-the-job” training in a fun, leading-edge call center environment. Our Full-Time Collectors are based at our Administrative Office (HQ) in Irving (Las Colinas), Texas. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Make outbound phone calls to set up effective and immediate payment arrangements that resolve the customer’s delinquency
- Find mutually beneficial payment arrangements that will allow us to retain the customer
- Sell the customer on the idea of paying off their debt
- Counsel the customer on how to increase income/decrease expenses
- Receive inbound calls from customers, employees, and other parties with questions or problems that need to be resolved
- High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
- 1+ years of collections experience in the retail, banking, financial services, healthcare, utilities, or hospitality industries
- 1+ years of experience working in a call center
- Ability to type and talk at same time, as well as stay focused in a busy (possibly distracting) environment
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must pass a credit and criminal background check
- Must meet minimum performance and attendance standards
- Local (Dallas/Fort Worth area) candidates only – no relocation
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship and not require sponsorship in the future
- 3+ years of collections experience in the retail, banking, financial services, healthcare, utilities, or hospitality industries
- 3+ years of experience using a dialer to collect past-due payday loans, medical debts, utility bills and/or credit card delinquencies
- Familiarity with FDCPA and other collections laws and regulations
- $18.34 per hour starting pay
- Receive up to an additional 12% increase in pay in your first year through scheduled wage increases!
- Unlimited incentive potential!
- Medical, dental and vision
- Voluntary life/ AD&D
- Short-term & long-term disability
- 401K with company match
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Paid maternity, paternity, extended medical leave and jury duty
- Corporate discount program on personal cell phone accounts with select providers
- Business casual work environment
- All Collectors go through a comprehensive training program
Post training, work schedules are generally available in the morning, evening, and on weekends. Full-Time Collectors typically work between 39 and 40 hours per week. Our hours of operation are:
- Monday thru Friday – 8:00am to 9:00pm
- Saturday – 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Sunday – 4:00pm to 9:00pm
Founded in 1996, Cottonwood Financial is one of the largest privately held retail consumer finance companies in the United States. We have zero debt, have been profitable every year since inception, and our growth is funded entirely through internally generated capital. Headquartered in Irving (Las Colinas), Texas, we have company-owned locations, under our Cash Store brand, across the country. Through this national brick-and-mortar footprint, we provide best-in-class customer service and offer an innovative mix of financial products and services to our customers.
We have been named several times to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies, as well as to the Dallas 100 list of the fastest-growing private companies in North Texas.
- Salary Offer $18.34/hr