1. Customer Service RepresentativeMost companies need customer service representatives to:
- Answer phone calls
- Address the customers' questions
- Resolve customer complaints
- Place/manage customer orders
2. Virtual AssistantA virtual assistant is simply an administrative assistant that works remotely. In this position, you'll usually do a lot of work that has to do with organizing your employer's schedule. And you'll probably be asked to do a lot of research, too. However, the duties and pay rate of this position vary greatly by industry. That is, there are companies in every field that need virtual assistants. And that's good because it means that you can seek this type of work in whichever field you prefer.
3. Website DeveloperIf you possess the necessary technical skills, you can make over $70,000 a year as a website developer. This is a very high-demand job as large companies don't have time to design/redesign their own website. But they have plenty of cash to pay someone else to do it. Coding skills are a must for this job. It also helps if you have knowledge of marketing and SEO. This is a highly competitive freelance job so the more skills you have to offer, the better.
4. App DeveloperThousands of companies every day seek out thousands of app developers to make new apps for their brands. Today, essentially every company needs their own apps to keep up with their competition. Thus, if you can program apps, you'll always be in extremely high demand. Also, do you have advanced knowledge of any particular industry? If so, this increases your chances of getting hired by companies in that same field. Successful app developers make over $100,000 per year.
5. IT SupportToday, most business is conducted digitally. As such, when a business is having computer issues, it can completely halt their workday. In these situations, they need urgent help from a knowledgeable IT expert. If you're good with computers, you can be on-call to answer their urgent need. Even better, you can make over $50,000 a year doing so.
6. Graphic DesignerIf you're artistically inclined, consider the fun, fulfilling career of graphic design. You can easily find loads of clients who need ideas for a new sign or a rebrand. They also need artwork for T-shirts, book covers, brochures, advertisements, and more. You'll have the freedom to choose the clients/projects that you want. And, you'll increase your artistic skills. You'll also discover the unique selling points you have to offer so that you can gain even more clients.
7. Content WriterIf you're good at writing, there's plenty of demand for your skills online. For instance, in order for businesses to compete in the digital world, their websites need lots of written content. And most companies don't have the time or the skills required to produce this content so they outsource. Also, some companies are looking for bloggers to write affiliate marketing content to promote their products or services. You can seek these clients/opportunities individually, if you prefer. But you can also find companies that already have a large number of clients placing orders for content. These companies recruit freelance writers onto their team and provide them with assignments. This is often a more reliable source of income than seeking individual clients yourself.
8. ProofreaderA lot of writers hire proofreaders to check their novels, scripts, and other works for spelling/grammar errors. This puts your grammar skills to good use and is a lot easier than writing content yourself. It's also a very flexible and high-demand job.
9. Online TeacherSince the covid outbreak, the demand for online learning has skyrocketed. This is great news for teachers who are having trouble finding employment in their local area. You can seek out various online learning institutions for steady employment as an online teacher. You can also offer private tutoring via virtual meetings.
10. Online TherapistIn the same way, if you are a licensed therapist, you can practice from your home office. This might make it a lot easier to fill your schedule with patients.
Consider These Jobs From HomeIf you're struggling to get hired or you just want a change of pace, keep this list in mind. Better yet, keep it bookmarked. Then, start applying for these jobs from home right away. To make it even easier, we can send you urgent alerts about the jobs you want most. Sign up now to get started.
Are you tired of answering to a demanding boss that dictates how you spend your time at work? Well, you aren’t the only one wondering how to work
You see “equal opportunity employer” a lot in businesses that you frequent. It seems pretty straightforward, right? Everyone gets a shot