Associated Catholic Charities
Catholic Charities of Baltimore is currently seeking a Business Analyst who will serve as a key resource for requirements, design, development, testing, project management/implementation, reporting and support of the Agency. The work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm with three (3) days hybrid after training.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure business needs are translated into comprehensive requirements, and new capabilities are successfully implemented.
* Apply communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to maximize the benefit of IT system investments and assist in implementation of software solutions.
* Collect, evaluate, understand, test, and communicate requirements involved with building and implementation of systems and applications.
* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analyses, requirement workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, tasks and workflow analysis.
* Provide ongoing support, including resolution of system issues, root cause analysis, planning, and testing of system upgrades and coordination of the development of enhancements with third party vendors.
* Manage escalation procedures and ensure service levels are maintained. Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolutions are achieved.
* Participate in project management process and progress by helping identify project milestones, phases and elements, tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
* Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information needs; and collaborating with program administrators to ensure that reports meet their needs.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science/Data Science, Information Systems Management/Technology, or relatable discipline.
* Minimum 2 years of related experience in a business analysis and/or business intelligence capacity, including all aspects of process, including data analysis, databases (SQL Server), business intelligence (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik), data mapping, metrics optimization and report creation.
REQUIRMENTS & ABILITIES:
* Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, identify patterns, and recommend creative solutions to significantly complex problems.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with polite and courteous demeanor toward staff, clients, and visitors.
* Ability to interact with a diverse population of staff, including senior management, and with a variety of vendors.
* Ability to work independently and as a member of the team; to meet established deadlines, and to remain flexible to the changing needs of the Agency.
* Clear and concise verbal and written communication, analytical skills, high standard of accuracy, and attention to detail.
* Shows dependability by being punctual; maintains consistent attendance. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
* Ability to act with discretion, tact, and professionalism in all situations.
* High proficiency with MS O365 and MS applications particularly Excel, Power BI, Flows, Teams and SharePoint with demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software and web-based applications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
* Communicating with others to exchange information.
* Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
* Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Catholic Charities’ policy requires employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, which includes a process for requesting exemption.
We offer a wide range of benefits to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees including but not limited to:
* Vacation/sick/holiday pay
* 403(b) Retirement Plan with a discretionary employer contribution
* Tuition Advancement
* Paid Parental Leave
Join Catholic Charities of Baltimore where you will be an important member of a trauma-informed care organization that promotes a culture of safety, empowerment, healing, and self-care, and that believes that every person has infinite worth and promise.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer