Pay Rate: $20.00/ hour
Location: Santa Clara
Hours: Part-time hours Thursdays 7pm-11pm Fridays 7pm-12am Saturdays 6pm-2:30am
The Spirit of the Position:
The Customer Service Representative greets and creates a welcoming atmosphere for our customers and clients.
How do you know if this is the right job for you?!
* Charismatic, full of energy, and happy to help in any way you can.
* Responsible is your middle name. You never disappoint because it’s not in your nature.
* Good under pressure. You don’t fold and get overwhelmed easily.
* Proficient in basic computer skills in the parking revenue control system
* Able to work with minimal supervision
* Able to communicate professionally and effectively.
* Open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
* Timely and demonstrates sense of urgency.
* Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
* A team player.
What will I do?
* Greet customers, be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring attitude, develop a rapport with the customer base.
* Assist customers in elevator lobbies, lanes, and the parking facilities; help direct traffic if required
* Perform traditional cashiering functions as needed for exceptions transactions
* Provide jump start and vehicle location assistance as directed by supervisors
* Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude.
* Move through facilities monitoring areas and looking for customers in need of assistance
* Contribute to general maintenance of the garage – wiping down surfaces and equipment, picking up trash/debris, etc.
* Basic troubleshooting of minor equipment failures
* Complete miscellaneous duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
* Strong customer service experience.
* Cash handling experience is preferred but not required.
* Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
* Willingness to be flexible, work multiple facility locations.
* Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations and de-escalate situations.
* Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
* Must be able to make decisions independently and know when to refer to management for assistance.
* Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
* Ability to lift, push and pull up to 20 pounds.
* Ability to stand, walk, and run for extended periods of time.
* Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant’s consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.