MediaAlpha is a customer acquisition solutions provider powered by technology and data science. The company provides industry-leading solutions designed to reach consumers shopping within high-consideration categories such as property and casualty insurance, health and life insurance, personal finance, travel, education and more.
Hybrid Schedule: in office Wednesdays
We are looking for an experienced analyst on the Analytics Team who will provide analytical support to the sales, marketing, and business development departments. Core responsibilities include optimizing campaigns, preparing and interpreting data and reporting, and reviewing key performance indicators (KPIs) to provide suggestions and guidance to both our clients and internal teams.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret data to grow revenue and improve profitability of business units
- Work with advertisers to find opportunities to efficiently expand their investment in our marketplace
- Master the MediaAlpha platform’s tools and data
- Help clients build, execute, and optimize campaigns and measure results
- Provide consultative and strategic marketing guidance for clients
- Build tools and automate processes to improve the efficiency and efficacy of analysis
- 2+ years of work experience in a Data Analysis or similar role
- Strong analytical ability and experience synthesizing large data sets
- Capacity to think critically and creatively, uncover problems, and propose solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who can take initiative on projects, work to scale existing processes, and implement new ones
- Advanced Excel proficiency (pivot tables, vlookups, data manipulation)
- Experience applying statistical concepts and real-world business problems (e.g., A/B testing)
- Experience telling a story visually with data
- SQL and programming proficiency (Python, R, etc.)
- B.S. or B.A. required, preferably in a quantitative discipline (e.g., economics, business, finance, math, engineering, statistics) or commensurate experience
- Experience with search, display, performance, and/or direct marketing
- Experience with R Shiny and Shiny Server
- Experience with Airflow
Compensation & Benefits
We are excited to offer a competitive base pay range of $70,000 to $105,000 per year for this position, based on experience and qualifications. But that’s not all – as a valued member of our team, you will also have access to an array of top-notch benefits, including:
- An annual discretionary bonus program and participation in our Restricted Stock Unit program
- 100% Employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for you, your dependents, and spouse or registered domestic partner
- 100% Employer paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching contributions to help you plan for your future
- Open Paid Time Off policy with a birthday day off and 11 holidays
- Professional development reimbursement along with a subscription to Coursera
- Cell Phone, Wellness, and Internet expense reimbursement, along with a subscription to the Calm App
- 100% fully paid parental leave for team members up to 22 weeks for the primary caregiver and 12 weeks for the secondary caregiver
- Dog-friendly offices (LA and AZ) along with a $300 pet adoption reimbursement
Now you might be thinking “I could absolutely crush this job, but on paper I don’t have everything they want.” Go ahead and apply! We seek to hire the best, but sometimes the best ends up looking a little different than we originally envisioned.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
MediaAlpha is committed to fostering, cultivating, and maintaining a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our philosophy and actions are built on the premise that as an employer and citizens of our communities, we can create opportunities for lasting change.
MediaAlpha will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local “Fair Chance” laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans in our application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at …@mediaalpha.com or (213) ###-####.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=65e6fbae62bda3ec85c26f3d5&ri=98ba3b57ae594d71b68ae822485d1e24&job_loc=Los+Angeles%2CCA&q=Data+Analyst&spl=34356b4471494e53396256624b4d6c543a4957504f796f7a59767a2b5363686e477472377a43673d3d3a376d6a354b75645a7359466248316b743874694b4241504e344b666d424e345257414e2f36563033493155314835584635613538676f4b624c4156306978684b7277535461416f2b4959485739617870634965685755753142705970474c654b3974687578424c38572f516c7968544533735467454d7067425452614f67363255576b45&encrypt=0&query_category_id=400000→