Arnot Ogden Medical Center
This information technologist role is intended to bring together data from a variety of sources and present it in such a manner that allows managers, stakeholders and other Arnot Health leaders to make more informed decisions. This individual must possess analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills. It provides for the design and development of database structures as well as the development and ongoing support of the central data warehouse. Candidates should possess technical skills related to database languages such as SQL, Python and/or Java. In addition, experience with visualization software tools such as Tableau or Jupyter is expected. Report to: Manager, IS Analytics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Designing and maintaining data systems and databases of varying complexities and scale; including fixing coding errors and other data-related problems.
* Mining data from various organizational datasets, then reorganizing in a format that can be easily interpreted by key stakeholders utilizing standard visualization tools.
* Provides advanced descriptive analytic talent with ability to move into a basic level of diagnostic analysis.
* Develops strong professional working relationships with managers, directors and VP’s to assist them with working through the process of making data-driven decisions for Arnot Health. Assists with understanding various data elements and data sets.
* Monitor, troubleshoot existing data sets and data applications as assigned. Ability to question data quality in reports.
* Designs and develops complex ETL processes to facilitate data integration in support of existing and future data needs.
* Accrues operational knowledge to assist customers in identifying datasets needed to make informed decisions.
* Constructs and designs documents and documentation to aid in maintenance and code reuse in accordance with team processes and standards.
* Actively participates in team activities such as code reviews, testing and quality assurance, utilizing established standards.
* Coordinates the implementation of database application components.
* Interacts with infrastructure colleagues regarding timelines, technical issues, and infrastructure integration.
* Understands and abides by all privacy and confidentiality policies related to data and data sharing.
* Employs the highest level of customer service by providing professional, consistent, clear communication around in-flight initiatives as well as established solutions.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, or computer information systems is required.
JOB REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
* Familiar in relational database concepts.
* Must be knowledgeable in software development lifecycles/methodologies.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills.
* Software development and scripting skills for use in automation and interfacing with databases a plus.
* Knowledge of Business Intelligence and Business Analytics is a plus.
* 2 – 3 years experience with Oracle, PL/SQL, MySQL or SQL Server.
* 2 – 3 years experience using standard ETL tools
* Experience in developing procedures, packages and functions in a data warehouse environment.
* Exposure to performance tuning of SQL Queries.
CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) REQUIREMENTS:
No CPR required.
Light physical effort. Typical office job.
Category III. Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Category I tasks are not a condition of employment.
A.D.A. Essential Functions