Overview:Diesel/CNG Mechanics/Technicians – We want YOU to join our TEAM!! Hiring Immediately!
TransDev, N.A. in Los Angeles area is looking for hardworking and dependable mechanics to add to our growing maintenance team. This is an hourly position and the starting rate of pay will be based upon experience and qualifications.
As a Transdev technician you will perform preventative maintenance, diagnostics, and repairs in a safe, efficient and well-equipped work environment.
- Sign on bonus up to $4000.00
- ASE Bonus up to $2000.00
- (5) 8-hour shifts- 2 days off a week, most shifts include weekend days off
- Excellent work environment with opportunities for advancement
- Our mechanics make up to $35.00 per hour depending on skills and experience
- Mechanic A: $35.00 per hour
- Mechanic B: $32.00 per hour
- Mechanic C: $30.00 per hour
To view Transdev’s purpose and how we make a difference, follow this link:
Things to expect:
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and life
- Training and development
- Career progression opportunities
- Safety awards
- Being appreciated as a valuable member of a great Team!
- The opportunity to travel
How we are keeping our employees and customers safe:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
Responsibilities:Diesel Bus Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Diagnostics and repairs of diesel/CNG engines, powertrains, HVAC systems, steering systems, electrical systems, cooling systems, and brake systems.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance on Transit buses
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical examination, including a background and drug test.
Qualified Candidates for The Diesel Mechanic Position will have met the following:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 2-5 years practical experience
- Ability to obtain Commercial Driving License with passenger and airbrake endorsement
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems
- Ability to read, interpret safety documents, blue prints, schematics and other mechanical diagrams.
- ASE Certification preferred but not required.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about in their cities. www.transdevna.com
If you have any questions, please contact us at …@transdev.com
*May change based upon local Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.