Acuity Eye Group
The Front Office Associate is responsible for welcoming, greeting, and checking in/outpatients and collecting insurance and patient personal information. The Front Office Associate answers phones and calls patients to verify appointments, as well as assists in filing and maintaining patient files, both electronic and paper.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Performs patient check-in process, verifies and updates demographics, verifies and updates insurance information on route slip and in Electronic Medical Records system.
- Performs Route Slip and Day Sheet processes and procedures.
- Scans and uploads Driver’s License and Insurance Cards.
- Navigates and schedules patients in the Electronic Medical Records system.
- Submits authorizations and/or creates tasks for patients.
- Faxes/Scans and creates referral letters to PCPs or referring doctors.
- Contacts patients to confirm and/or update appointments.
- Performs patient check-out procedures.
- Ability to perform backup protocol for processing patients in the event of system outages.
- Collects and documents the patient’s chief complaint.
- Verifies patient’s ocular and medical health history.
- Documents any medications patient is taking.
- Ability to perform a basic Visual Acuity (VA) assessment.
- Ability to perform an intraocular pressure (IOP) test with a Tonopen unit.
- Administer topical ophthalmic and dilation medications to a patient as directed.
- Ensures a positive and professional environment where patients feel comfortable; prepares patients for treatment and assists doctors.
- Maintains clean and orderly waiting area, including reading material/television.
- Files charts, demographic forms, HIPAA Acknowledgement forms, insurance cards, etc. and ensures that they are accurately and completely uploaded into the Electronic Medical Records system.
- Receives supply deliveries and rerouting them to appropriate staff.
- Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies.
- Keep commitments and keep the direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and issues.
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations (e.g., OSHA, WC, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School education, GED or equivalent. Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance. Ability to travel to other clinics as assigned.
- May be required to travel within clinics in the region
- Experience in the Ophthalmic or Optometric Industry.
- Experience in a medical office and/or customer service.
- A valid Driver’s License may be required based on clinic location(s).
- Team player and contributor coupled with excellent communication and interpersonal skills (oral and written).
- Skills required include use and knowledge of WORD, EXCEL and use of standard office equipment.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers, staff, vendors, or other members of the community.
- Ability to draw valid conclusions, apply sound judgment in making decisions, and to make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Must address others professionally and respectfully through actions, words, and deeds.
- Detail-oriented, organized, process-focused, problem solver, self-motivated, proactive, customer service focused.
- Displays independent judgment by willingness to make timely and accurate decisions based on available information that is sometimes vague or limited in nature.
- Ability to multitask effectively and work in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment without compromising quality of work.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects with limited direction while understanding and contributing to the success of the clinic.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This is primarily an office classification. Temperature conditions are controlled with limited direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Ability to travel between offices.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, see, talk, and hear. The employee will frequently lift and/or carry reports, records and other materials that typically weigh less than 20 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, bend, or crouch.
- Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, calculator, and other standard office equipment.
All of the information contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this classification, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the duties and/or work assignments of all positions without advanced notice and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Notwithstanding any of the foregoing described job responsibilities, employee shall not engage in activities that constitute the practice of ophthalmology as prohibited under applicable law. Employee shall neither exercise control over nor interfere with the clinician-patient relationship. Clinicians shall have sole responsibility for all professional services provided to patients.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=65fdbc3e22cda3ec847616395&ri=98b635579d2a4e1795f1b1faf7aa84ab&job_loc=Los+Angeles%2CCA&q&spl=67356b42562f67684559336149544f653a776972327a475738397257706e55706d312b35764a773d3d3a6244675241744b50463175704d735962752b444f4c30654d63686d48444b46386b59563651616e49665644766235533771566e73774d347546357768577556312f6a75752b553376586676464239427638316c6b7a677555434a773454466a56774c65616942352f5a6e4b76716673774139786e6a642b7277704f37425143735132593d&encrypt=0&l=united+states→