Cast & Crew
At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades.
We grew from a modest small business in 1976 to be the premiere provider of entertainment technology and solutions, staying true to our mission of modernizing content production and leading the digital transformation within the industry. With a global workforce across a host of storied brands, our cloud-based technology and industry expertise span all areas of produced and live entertainment, from film, television, streaming, to advertising, live events, and short-form.
Together with our family of brands – Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
Hybrid-Remote (Burbank, CA; New York, NY; Atlanta, GA; Baton Rouge, LA; Albuquerque, NM)
The Payroll Clerk will be responsible to ensuring that all time worked is entered into the system timely and accurately so that payroll can be processed.
- Responsible for setting up each payroll batch as assigned which includes the cover summary. Payrolls can be submitted via paper or other electronic means. This will prepare the payroll to be processed timely and accurately.
- Responsible to understand and applying rules and protocols that are noted on payroll summary which can vary from payroll to payroll even within client.
- Responsible for entering in all assigned timecards along with the necessary information into payroll software based on client protocols.
- Responsible for protecting the business and our clients by keeping information confidential and secure.
- Assists coordinators with preparation of payrolls, which may include (but not limited to) printing and organizing new hire paperwork and spreadsheets.
- Depending on client set up, expected to deliver check stubs by a password protected file and sending via approved email addresses to individual client employees.
- Assist coordinators with distribution, filing and logging of invoices.
- Will efficiently process payroll by ensuring that we are complying with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Performs quality control final check of payroll audit reports. The check may include but is not limited to handling fees, deductions, manual taxes, and local tax code entries, workers’ comp codes, SUI, supplemental FUTA calculations and entry.
- Will be able to successfully complete any responsibility of the Data Entry Clerk.
- Other related projects or duties as assigned.
- At least 6 months experience in payroll, accounting or data entry required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective, clear communication skills.
- Positive, nurturing attitude/disposition.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a team.
- Ability to meeting strict deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of PC systems, not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Quick learning ability and deep understanding of technical products/systems.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships and ability to work with personnel from all levels of organization.
- Schedule must be flexible in order to accommodate client and business needs.
- GED or equivalent required; 4 year degree preferred. Relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
The compensation range for this position is $18.25-20.00 per hour. Compensation is commensurate with various factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, skills, training, licensure, certifications, geographic cost of labor, and other business and organizational needs. Compensation range for candidates in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and other perks!
Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the U.S.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at:
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.jobs2careers.com/click.php?jid=65fe9222202da3ec8444f7f95&ri=98b634ea6fb94059afbf826a8ab70033&job_loc=Burbank%2CCA&q&spl=59494258735841652f7664694630502f3a557642575a6c306c7a364f57636a4f7a3749562b61513d3d3a6a416e36546e4d7672736d5a4e49382f4d6637545863314d55557655694e75456c61734c33634a4567316b544a596c417966677168583976494e354c546c6f365536704e74547a764630446e504a4339575a332f556e304f566658315970306b4a4d487734694735484b2b6f38475971396569495235684862714e584e784774714345586a413d3d&encrypt=0&l=United+States→